Interested in being a Parish Councillor?
Are you interested in becoming a Parish Councillor and helping to shape local services in your area?
If you are interested in serving as a Parish Councillor, you will need to: –
- meet the eligibility criteria set out below;
- complete and return the co-option application form; and
- Be able to attend meetings of the Parish Council. The Full Council meets eleven times per year and has various committees that meet several times a year (except in August). Councillors can be disqualified from their position for their failure to attend meetings.
Please note that the Council communicates with its members via email as well as sending all meeting correspondence electronically. As such it is advisable that candidates have access to a p.c/laptop to access their emails.
Completed forms must be submitted to the Clerk by noon on Monday 13 December 2021. The Parish Council will consider all applications and will appoint by a vote at the meeting of the Full Council on the 20 December 2021.
To be eligible for co-option you must be a British, Commonwealth or European Citizen and on the day of nomination be 18 years of age or over. In addition, you must meet at least one of the following criteria: –
- Be on the electoral register for the Parish
- For the previous 12 months, have owned or tenanted land or premises in the parish
- For the previous 12 months, had a principal or only place of work in the parish
- For the previous 12 months, resided in the parish or within 3 miles of it