SCHEDULES FOR TENNIS COURTS
Schedule for Tennis Courts
** Due to the national lockdown, the tennis courts are not currently available to book **
Tennis Courts - Lapstone Playing Fields
The Lapstone Playing Fields Tennis Courts are located off Pavilion Close, Fair Oak. The two-court site is managed and maintained by Fair Oak and Horton Heath Parish Council and the below terms and conditions refer to this site.
At Fair Oak and Horton Heath Parish Council we are committed to the safety and well-being of our residents that make use of our facilities. If you have any comments or concerns about the tennis courts or any other aspect of our service, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that when playing tennis, you do so at your own risk.
- Booking for casual sessions should be made online in advance up to a maximum of 7 days at fairoak-pc.gov.uk. Casual sessions must be booked in the name of the player and are non-transferable to anyone else.
- Booking slots are subject to availability and are offered on a first come first served basis. Free of charge.
- Both hard courts are available for hire from 08:00 – 20:00, Monday to Sunday during the summer months (April to September) and 08.00 - 16.00 during the winter months (October to March). Court availability will finish at a time indicated on the bookings page.
- All court bookings are available to hire by the hour and all court bookings will commence on the hour. Residents can only book one slot per day.
- All court bookings will be made through the Fair Oak and Horton Heath Parish Council’s online booking system. When making a booking through the website, the booker will receive confirmation that their booking has been received. The tennis court booking schedule is updated every 3 days showing all bookings. If your booking reference is not on the schedule your booking has been unsuccessful.
- Players may be asked to show their proof of court booking. At the time of booking you will receive an email confirmation of the booking to the registered email address.
- The courts may be closed at any time at short notice and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.
- Private coaching will not be permitted unless written permission is given by Fair Oak and Horton Heath Parish Council.
GENERAL CONDITIONS – COURT RULES
- Courts cannot be reserved for club tournament games unless permission has been granted by Fair Oak and Horton Heath Parish Council.
- A Parish Council Officer may stop play whenever it is considered necessary to protect the surface of the courts or for safety reasons if the courts are deemed to be unplayable.
- A court cancellation should be made with more than 24 hours’ notice prior to the court booking time commencing where possible.
- In adverse weather conditions, Fair Oak and Horton Heath Parish Council may close the courts due to safety reasons. Fair Oak and Horton Heath Parish Council will make the final decision if the courts are deemed unplayable.
- Player’s footwear must have soft-soled non-marking shoes with rubber or cord soles and without raised heels. Black soles are not permitted on the courts.
- Animals and bicycles are not allowed inside the tennis court enclosures.
- Any dispute relating to the booking or use of the tennis courts must be referred to Fair Oak and Horton Heath Parish Council
- A no-smoking rule will be adopted on the courts.
- Litter bins must be used for the disposal of waste.
- Fair Oak and Horton Heath Parish Council accepts no responsibility or liability for any personal injury or loss of property whilst using the tennis courts.