APPLY FOR A GRANT
Apply for a Grant
The Council can give grant aid to local groups and organisations, if they can demonstrate that their project will directly benefit the residents of Fair Oak and Horton Heath. Applications for grant aid must be made every year between 1 July and 31 October. The application form and eligibility criteria can be found below.
Fair Oak & Horton Heath Parish Council Community Grants Award Scheme
The Community Grants programme allows the Council to award discretionary grants to support a range of voluntary and community organisations to carry out projects and provide activities to benefit local people. The programme distributes approximately £4,000 per annum received through section 137 grant funding. Awards are determined by elected members judging each application on its own merits. There is a timeframe in which applications must be made.
Who do we fund?
• Community, voluntary and registered charitable organisations
• Not-for-profit groups that are properly constituted, with a signed set of group rules (please note that the Council is unlikely to fund an organisation that is in poor financial health as it must be satisfied that the project can be delivered.
The grant should be for something that supports the Council’s own priorities by being of direct benefit to the people of Fair Oak & Horton Heath.
What won’t be funded?
• Individuals or an item or project that mainly benefits an individual.
• Projects from private companies, profit-making or trading organisations, or business enterprises.
• Party political activities.
• Religious worship or observance; or works to buildings or grounds that are used solely by a religious organisation.
• Any costs incurred when putting together the application or before confirmation of grant.
• Projects that take place solely outside of Fair Oak & Horton Heath – the project must be of direct benefit to people living in the Parish.
• The maximum grant fund per organisation is £1,000.
• Applications must be in writing, using the grants application form (below) which can be found on the Council’s website or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org . The Council would prefer to receive electronic forms where possible.
• This form is designed to help applicants provide the Council with all the information that it will need to assess the application.
• Applications must be submitted to the Council between 31 August and 31 October each year. Applications that are received outside this period will not be considered.
• The information provided on the form must be up-to-date and complete at the time of submission.
• Once the application deadline has passed the Council’s Officers will assess each application to make sure that it is eligible and will provide demonstrable benefits to local people. Only those applications which pass this initial assessment will progress to the next stage.
• All applications received will then be determined by the Finance Committee meeting (at their meeting in December). The Committee will make recommendations to the Full Council on the grant awards.
• Applicants will be notified of the decision on their grant following this meeting. And funds will be released in the February the following year.
• Applicants can only use the money for that purpose, and for no other purpose whatsoever.
• Fair Oak & Horton Heath Parish Council must be acknowledged as a funding partner in any marketing and promotional materials for the project.
• Successful applicants will need to prove that the grant is being used for the purpose that has been agreed and evidence, such as invoices and receipts, will need to be provided.
• If the money is not used for the specified purpose, for whatever reason, it must be returned to the Council within 2 years of the decision to award the grant.
Please read the supporting guidance document before completing this form. Applications can only be submitted between 31 August and 31 October 2023. Only applications submitted on this form, during this timeframe will be accepted. Applications submitted after 31 October 2023 will not be considered. And will not be retained on file.
Completed application forms should be returned to: Fair Oak & Horton Heath Parish Council, 2 Knowle Park Lane, Fair Oak, Eastleigh, SO50 7GL or emailed to email@example.com
Check list: -
- A copy of the organisations Constitution or rules to be provided
- Have you signed the form?
- Submission of the application form is completed before the deadline date?
- Submitted relevant supporting documents?
Please note any applications received after the deadline date will not be considered.
Privacy: Your name, position, email address and address will be disclosed to the Finance Committee when considering your application. All other information on this form will be made publicly available via the Parish Council’s website as part of the agenda for the Committee meeting.