Fair Oak & Horton Heath Parish Council are preparing to re-open its community centres on Monday 27 July 2020.
Since the Council buildings were closed in March, Parish Council staff have been putting the necessary social distancing, extra cleaning and hygiene measures in place to make the facilities COVID-safe for all users and staff in preparation for when they were allowed to open again.
To ensure safety of all those entering our buildings, we have, in line with Government guidance, implemented the following:
- installed hand sanitising stations throughout the buildings
- promotion of social distancing throughout the centres, including queuing arrangements
- installed signs to encourage social distancing and hand sanitising
- reminded hirers to clean key touch points and equipment before and after their hire
- programmed intervals between hire to allow hirers to clean key touch points and equipment before and after use
- Limited access to the toilets and put in place additional cleaning routines
For now, our centres will only re-open to our regular hirers following receipt of their Risk Assessment and signed agreement to our new special COVID conditions of hire. Hirers and their clients will be made aware via digital communication & centre signage, of all the changes and expected behaviours before they use the facilities.
Cllr Helen Douglas, Chairman of the Parish Council says: “We were sad to have to close our much used community centres to our customers in March, however, now we’ve been given the green light to open, we want to assure our regular hirers that we are fully prepared to welcome all our customers back with health and safety remaining our top priority.
Whilst community centres are not an essential service, the many activities run at the centres provide much needed opportunities for physical activities and well-being as well as a place to beat isolation and loneliness. I’d like to welcome everyone back to our centres and thank our staff for their hard work in facilitating this”
FAQs for hirers and those attending the Community Centres can be found here.