Notice of Councillor Vacancies to be filled by co-option
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that two vacancies have occurred in the office of Councillor for the Parish of Fair Oak and Horton Heath as a result of insufficient nominations for the election on 4th May 2023.
The vacancy will be filled by co-option by the Parish Council at the Full Council Meeting on 19th June 2023 and the term of office will run until May 2027.
Are you interested in becoming a Parish Councillor and helping to shape local services in your area?
If you would like to serve as a Parish Councillor, you will need to: –
- Meet the eligibility criteria set out below.
- Complete and return the co-option application form; and
- be able to attend meetings of the Parish Council. The Full Council meets eleven times per year and has various committees that meet several times a year (except in August). Councillors can be disqualified from their position for their failure to attend meetings.
Please note that the Council communicates with its members via email as well as sending all meeting correspondence electronically. As such, it is advisable that candidates have access to a pc/laptop or appropriate electronic device to access their emails.
Completed forms must be submitted to the Clerk by emailing email@example.com
To be eligible for co-option you must be a British, Commonwealth or European Citizen and on the day of nomination be 18 years of age or over. In addition, you must meet at least one of the following criteria: –
- Be on the electoral register for the Parish
- For the previous 12 months, have owned or tenanted land or premises in the parish
- For the previous 12 months, had a principal or only place of work in the parish
- For the previous 12 months, resided in the parish or within 3 miles of it
Applications should be submitted by no later than 17.00 on Friday 9th June 2023